"While we try to teach our children all about life, our children teach us what life is all about."

~Angela Schwindt

Thursday, March 12, 2009

Happy 1st Birthday Lacy Ann Self!!!

Then...

And Now...

(1 year professional pics will be coming soon...)
It is official...our little girl is One year old today!!!! How can it be?! It seems like she was born yesterday! One year ago today...
(At about 36 weeks and ultrasound confirmed that Lacy was indeed breech so a c-section was scheduled for thursday March 13th. I went into the hospital on the 11th for pre-op blood work etc. and that night...)
I woke-up around 2am with some "cramping" and decided to take a bath because I could not sleep. I was in the bathtub when I finally realized that I was having contractions...I was pretty sure it was false labor but I woke Jason and told him that I was having contractions and I went and sat in the living room because I could not lay down. At that point, I had started to time the contractions and they were about 6-8 minutes apart. Jason could not sleep so he came out and sat with me. I told him to shower and go to work and I would call if I needed to go to the hospital. He thought I was crazy and decided to call my doctor and ask what we should do. It was about 5am at this point. She said to come on in to the hospital. I thought to myself- "ya, ok, they are just gonna send me home and tell me to come back tomorrow for the c-section!!" I showered really quickly so I could wash my hair in case I did have her (couldn't have dirty hair-lol).
In the car on the way to the hospital the contractions were getting pretty close and worse. We went to the E.R. and had to wait there for someone to come down to get us and by then the contractions were only just under 5 minutes apart. I was freaking out and the E.R. people kept calling the maternity floor and telling them to hurry.
I got up to room and they just monitored me while waiting for my doctor...They would not tell me what the heck they were going to do... I kept thinking, "baby or no baby- there is no point in being labor if I HAVE to have a C-Section, just get the baby out already!!!" By about 8ish the contractions were 2-3 minutes apart and I was freaking in pain- I thought I had prepared myself for this but man I was wrong! Jason's Dad Mike came to the hospital and was there all day with us and got to see me and all my crankiness(kind of embarassing!) They finally came in and told me we would have a baby by 12ish...I thought that was way too long to wait-I was in pain! They laid me flat to "prep" me for the c-section around 9 and my water broke...and we are talking EVERYWHERE!! I was freaking out and telling them this baby was coming out now!! They started to finally take me seriously when they saw my water had broken and they realized they better get her out before she tries to come out herself-feet first. Then it was very rush rush and before you know it, she was born at 9:30am. The rest of the day was complete heaven- with a perfect little baby!!! Lacy Ann Self was 6lbs 8 ounces (same as cousin Hayden and Aunt Sheryl) and 18 inches long!
Daddy says he was...
"Relieved that everything went good and happy that she was finally here...It was the best feeling in the World to see her!!!"

1 comment:

Korbi said...

oh my goodness, that went by fast!!! Yeah for Lacy!