"While we try to teach our children all about life, our children teach us what life is all about."

~Angela Schwindt

Monday, January 5, 2009

Its a new year and Lacy is walking...basically...

Well it has been a while since my last post. It has been pretty busy around here. Christmas was pretty low key and was wonderful. We stayed home all day and had family over for breakfast and dinner. Lacy was so cute and loved all of her wonderful presents. Thanks to everyone for spoiling our baby rotten (not that we didn't spoil her too!) I have some really great pictures of christmas posted on myspace if you want to see them all. It takes FOREVER to download them on here so I will just put a few. If anyone knows a trick to do it faster, let me know!)...









New Years was pretty mellow for us to. We had my Mom and Lonnie over to play games and sadly, we only mad it to about 10pm. As my husband would say, "We are the oldest young people I know!" It is so true. Sadly, I didn't get any pictures of Lacy on her 1st New Years which is so not like me but I guess New Year's isn't really a baby friendly holiday anyway.
We are STILL waiting on the city of Pasco to return the permit so they can start our house and it seems like it is taking forever!! However, it is still suppose to be done by March 19th!!! We cannot wait to get out if this apartment and in our OWN house! If we had a quarter for everytime we said that we would be rich!!
I am headed back to school in one week from today and am still having issues. I am sad to leave Lacy but I am starting to realize that it will be good for her. I am going to be one busy lady for the next four months so if you think I never post new blogs now, just wait and see! I am looking forward to May 6th (last day of the semester). We will be in OUR house and I will be home with Lacy for 4 months before I have to go back and student teach. I plan on having a mellow summer and letting Lacy play in the water ALL day long with her cousin Carson (who will be 4 minutes away when we move to Pasco!)
Lacy is doing pretty good. She is still not 100% healthy but doing A LOT better. She has a pretty wicked cough that she can't seem to get rid of and the nose is still runny sometimes. Other then that, she is doing great. She is sleeping 10-11 hours at night and is on a really good napping schedule, she usually takes two a day. She is learning new things everyday and loves to mimmick and try to repeat things we say and do. She plays patty cake and knows all the motions and recently learned how to play peek-a-boo! She has a new found love for books (it was hard to get her to sit still for books before) and still loves the wiggles and seasame street. Elmo is her favorite and she actually got Elmo live for Christmas from my Mom (see what I mean, spoiled!). She thinks it is so great. AND she is walking, basically. She is still REALLY wobbly but she can take up to 5-6 steps at a time. It looks really funny because she is so little. I have a couple of videos where she is going for the camera and totally takes it out but you can still see that she is walking. For some reason I am having issues posting videos but I will keep trying!

Happy New Year!!

No comments: