"While we try to teach our children all about life, our children teach us what life is all about."

~Angela Schwindt

Thursday, July 17, 2008

Jacksen Oscar Ashton!


As most of you know, we lost Jacksen about 5 1/2 months ago to a terrible accident. Jacksen is my cousin and I spent a lot of time with him, his brother and sister when he was younger. I went on several "Ashton Family" vacations with them and there was never a dull moment. This particular picture may have been taken on one of the last trips that I took with Tony, Mary and Co. I remember waiting in line for this ride. It was Me, Tony, Jack and Taryn and the line was forever long! The ride seem to have been stopped! Several people began getting out of line and the rumor was started that the ride was broken and needed to be fixed! Did we get out of line? If course not! We waited and waited and waited and whatever was wrong- was no more because the ride got going again and it was eventually our turn. After it was done, they of course want you to purchase a picture of yourself screaming like a baby. I took one look at mine and said, "Tony, you better not buy that, I look scary!" Tony being Tony, he bought it anyway and I am so glad he did. What a great memory to have frozen in time with Jack. That day I went on several other rides with the boys and they gave me a hard time about every single one- it was so fun!
I will always remember Jacksen for his love of movies, music, Harry Potter, Hiliary Duff (secret crush-lol) chips and salsa and something we had in common, babies! :) It breaks my heart that he will never get to hold any of my babies because I know he would have been GREAT with them. Although he won't hold them here on Earth, I am comforted by the fact that he is more then likely holding, playing with and taking care of all of his "future" cousins, nieces and nephews etc. until they are ready to come to Earth. He was and is a great young man and will be in our hearts forever. I am so greatful for the gospel because I know that we will be together again someday!
We love you Jack!

No comments: