"While we try to teach our children all about life, our children teach us what life is all about."

~Angela Schwindt

Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Lacy is rolling over...and our banana bread adventures!

I am doing another blog tonight because I had a few more things to share. First of all, Lacy just started rolling over from her stomach to her back. The other day I layed her on her tummy for the dreaded tummy time (shes not a big fan) and over she went! I was so excited so I grabbed the video camera and flipped her back over. Of course she didn't do it for the camera! I called Jason right away and told him. That night she did it for him too! What a big girl!

Getting ready to roll over!
Banana Bread...
The other day I was in a baking mood so I decided to make the only thing that I really know how to bake...banana bread. I knew I had the bananas in the freezer and I just figured I had all the other ingredients so I turned on the oven and started mixing stuff. When it came time to add the brown sugar, of course, I was all out! Here I am, not showered with no one to call to bring me brown sugar and I didn't want to have to go to the store. Then I remembered that Aunt Sheryl lives just down the road and we have keys to her house. So I called her up at work and sure enough she had some. I turned the oven off and loaded Lacy up in her carseat to go to Aunt Sheryl's for the brown sugar. When I got there and found it, I really didn't have an extra hand so I put it nest to Lacy in her carseat and asked her if she would hold it for me until we got to the car :). I put her in the car and forgot to take the brown sugar out of her seat. Well, on the short little ride home, Lacy fell asleep but listened to Mommy and held on tight to that brown sugar!

The banana bread turned out great. Thanks for the brown sugar Aunt Sheryl!

No comments: