"While we try to teach our children all about life, our children teach us what life is all about."

~Angela Schwindt

Monday, March 1, 2010

I'm back...maybe ;)

Ok, ok...I know it's been almost a year since I last blogged. I have been asked by a couple of people now why I haven't updated the blog lately so I guess that means that I do have SOME followers. I figured if thats the case, I should attempt to start up again. Besides, its a good way to journal things. Going back, I wouldn't have remembered half the things I have on here if I hadn't written them down so I am going to try really hard now that I am DONE with school to keep up the blog. To catch up a little...
What we have done in the last 10 months of my absence...

*Lacy got tubes last May and has not had ONE ear infection since...take that doctors who said she didn't need them.



*I had surgery to remove my adrenal glands completely in July and am now forever attached to my "adrenal insufficiency" medical bracelet. Meds twice a day is all that has really changed...p.s. that was the first time I ever left Lacy over night and it was soooo hard. Thank goodness for my Mom and skype!



*My sister Savannah got married in August so we took a trip down to UT for that and it was awesome! Clark (the new hubby) and Jason are so compatiable themselves that they want to get married but we won't let them ;)



*I student taught in a 2nd grade classroom here in Pasco (August-Decemeber) and it literally consumed ALL of my time for all four months. Toughest 4 months to date because I left Lacy all day everyday, even when she was sick (which I am against and hate doing) Couldn't be more greatful to my Aunt's who helped out with her. I wouldn't have been able to do it without them. (And the support and $ of my awesome hubby of course)



*Jason is still working out at the Hanford area as a QC Inspector and even though we loathed Hobbs, NM and all that came with it (except our cute baby of course), we know he wouldn't be as successful as he is now if he hadn't taken the job there.


*We are still loving our new house and Jason is working on getting the backyard in so that Lacy has somewhere to play this summer that doesn't involve me yelling, "DANGER!" everytime she runs towards the street.



*After student teaching, I GRADUATED with my BACHELORS magna cum laude! One of the biggest accomplishments of my life. Take that everyone who thought I wouldn't go back after I had Lacy. Of course I did, thousands of dollars in student loan debt for nothing?! I don't think so!



*My sister and Clark came up for Christmas and we had a low-key weekend at our house. We cooked a turkey and because my sister, my mom and I are such great cooks... raw turkey when we thought it was done + having to put it back in for two hours = no Christmas dinner 'til 8pm!



*We just celebrated Jason's 27th birthday (feb. 19), we are about to celebrate Lacy's 2nd birthday (march 12) and my 24th is coming in a few months (april 17). Man, we are getting old. :)



*Jason and I joined a gym in January and I went kicking and screaming but I'm glad he "made" me go anyway. We are also count our calories and find ourselves lying in bed at night with our mouths watering talking about all the things we wish we could eat (cheese pizza, cheeseburgers etc.) But success is making us not eat all those things:
Jason = -33 pounds
Mallory = -15 pounds
Lacy = she can eat WHATEVER she wants and she gets to play at the fun gym kids area on the slide while Mommy and Daddy bust their butts on the elliptical machines. Oh to be 2 again!



*Lacy has taken up gymnastics and LOVES it. We go once a week for 45 minutes and she is learning how to wait her turn and follow directions (major work in progress!) Her legs look as if someone took a bat to them and I was actually starting to get concerned that something was wrong with her until she missed a week of gymnastics and the bruises basically all went away. I started to pay attention after that to what she does and realized it was a wild and crazy two year old causing the bruises and nothing else.



*I am planning an AMAZING Curious George themed birthday party for our little cutie. (Ok, well, amazing by my standard).



I'm sure I'm forgetting some stuff but thats our lives in a nutshell over the past ten months. There is no way I could catch up on pics but I will try and add some in here...its been a while, not sure I remember how! lol

No comments: