"While we try to teach our children all about life, our children teach us what life is all about."

~Angela Schwindt

Monday, March 22, 2010

What is missing from these pictures?






If you guessed pacifiers, you're RIGHT!
Yesterday when I was changing Lacy's sheets, I put the pacifiers away. I decided if her bed is going to be accessible at all times the pacifiers should be put where she can't see them. So last night when we put her to bed in her new "big girl bed" we decided not to mention them. The doctor did say to only give them to her if she asks for them. I don't know if it was all the excitement about the new bed or what but she didn't ask for them, not ONCE. She layed in there and talked a little and then went right to sleep. No pa pa's!! I was floored. I thought it would take a week of screaming for them.
Fast forward to 8:30am. I heard Lacy calling for me so I got up and went to the bathroom. As I was coming out, she went running by. Then she saw me and said, "I did it, I got down all by myself!" I was hoping it would take her longer to discover that but whatever.
Today at naptime she crawled into bed and I kissed her goodnight (still no mention of the pacifiers). I walked out and shut the door and not 1 minute later she came out with this big smile on her face like, "yep, I can get out of bed now, what are you going to do about it?" I told her it was naptime and kissed her and put her back in bed. I told her to stay in bed until after she took a nap. She cried and cried for a good 5 minutes and I even heard her murmur once, "I need a paapaa" but I left her and she went to sleep pretty quickly. Slept for 1 1/2 hours and then said, "Mommy?" I went in to get her and she was standing right inside the door whining. It was as if she was unsure if she should come out or not.
I told her good job for staying in her bed and taking a nap and told her she could come out.
I can't believe she is so big and no pacifiers?! Already? So far so good but we will see how bed time goes.

No comments: