"While we try to teach our children all about life, our children teach us what life is all about."

~Angela Schwindt

Sunday, March 21, 2010

We've done it...

I always said I would wait until she started climbing out of the crib before I converted. I was hoping she would be 3 or 4.I know, I know wishful thinking right but why would I go through the torture of having to keep her in bed and then worry about whether or not she was going to stay in bed? Well, her crib is on its last leg, we were holding the side that slides up and down on with zip ties (please, call the people who hand out the parents of the year award :). I knew that we wouldn't be using this as a crib for anymore kids to come and I also knew that if you took one side off it became a toddler bed so this was my plan all along.
We decided to test her out at naptime so we took the side off and put her in bed. She stayed in there and took a two hour nap. When she woke-up, she just layed there until we came to get her. So, we put the safety rail up and we are going to try bedtime too. I think she just doesn't realize yet that now she can actually get out of her bed without us. Cross your fingers that this conversion goes good. We will keep you updated...

I know it doesn't look like it but she can actually get in and out of her bed at the very end.

No comments: